Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cheese rolls 2.

A brief cheese rolls update.

I made these yesterday for my weekly catch up with an awesome bunch of mums and children.  The children ran off to play and the mums set upon the cheese rolls.  My daughter managed to grab the last one (because the chocolate biscuits were all finished, and by taking the last one she was somehow the winner).  These are clearly great food ideas for children's morning/ afternoon teas. 

Giffy suggested eating these with soup, so I tested that out.  Cheese rolls are quite possibly the best accompaniment to soup ever.  The baby and I had a quiet day in on Monday so a bit of kumara (sweet potato), pumpkin, celery, carrot and onion were chucked in a pot with some duck stock and then some orzo.  I added some shreds of bacon from bacon bones to mine.  Just delicious - and with cheese rolls a very magical lunch on a rather bleugh kind of day.

I'm tempted to try the cheese and pineapple exotic variant.  I love cheese and pineapple.  The best cheese and pineapple sandwiches that I ever had were made each day on fresh white bread for the Dunedin Hospital cafeteria.  I don't know if they still make them, but they beat cheese and (raw) onion sandwiches every day.  I wonder if the same applies to cheese rolls?

2 comments:

  1. Had cheese rolls with leftover soup for dinner again - the four year old pinched one of the rolls for herself!

    ReplyDelete