Monday, September 26, 2011

Mushrooms

I am in love with Lower Hutt Bin Inn. In addition to cheese and breadmaking supplies they now sell mushroom growing kits. You get a big bucket of compost with mushroom spores mixed through. I'm really keen to see what happens!  I have so been wanting to do this for awhile.  Apparently we should get mushrooms growing for nearly two months.

We visited Bin Inn so the Sweetheart could get some taties.  Do you remember these?  Small yellow cylinders that puff up when cooked in hot oil.  She can be kept entertained for a long time making these!  We also made our peanut butter using their grinder.  It was a pretty successful morning actually.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you can get them at Bin INN? We're going to Wairarapa on Wed, so I was thinking of going to the actual factory, but so much handier!

    We got one for christmas a few years ago and it was pretty good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of an extreme home made meal once it starts producing well. Homemade pasta, homemade cheese, mushrooms, homemade pancetta and whatever is growing in the garden! I'm quite excited about it!

    ReplyDelete